Everyone does theology. You already have ideas about who God is, how we’re saved, and how we are to live as a result.
This program will deepen your understanding of God. It will help you understand the Scriptural basis for what you believe about God. And it will prepare you to teach and lead others in understanding the basics questions of Christian belief.
This program brings together seven courses that cover all the basics of Christian theology. You’ll get clear teaching from respected theologians. You’ll also stay rooted in Scripture as you explore the core doctrines of the church. And you’ll encounter clear, practical language and an engaging teaching style—we’ll avoid technical terms as we work through this material.
In this program, you will learn:
- The major themes of Christian theology: the Word of God, redemption, the person of Jesus, the person of the Holy Spirit, redemption, the church, the future, angels and demons, and more.
- How the church has developed and expressed these doctrines over time, and why it matters.
- The church’s most important statement of faith as expressed throughout the centuries in the creeds and councils, and why those statements still matter today.
- The contours of global theology and how global theological reflection is contributing to the revitalization of Western Christianity.
What you get when you sign up:
Access to all 7 courses in the program
- 43+ hours of HD video
- Digital access to 7 books
- Review tools, including self-reflection questions and an adaptive learning tool within each course in the track
- Assessments to test your knowledge, including quizzes for each unit and final exams for each course within the track
- Access to all courses on the BibleMesh platform—available on desktop, mobile, and any device connected to the web
How it works:
- Sign up for the track before Monday, September 9, 2019 at 11:59pm ET.
- Work through the material in each unit. HD videos and the digital textbook keep you engaged, self-assessments keep you focused, and helpful reminders keep you on track.
- Earn a Certificate of Completion at the end of the program.
Courses included in the Learn Theology Track
Systematic Theology 1
, taught by Wayne Grudem
The Christian church has a long tradition of systematic theology, that is, studying theology and doctrine organized around categories such as the Word of God, redemption, and Jesus Christ. In Systematic Theology 1, Wayne Grudem introduces the doctrines of God’s Word, God, and humanity.
Systematic Theology 2,
taught by Wayne Grudem
In Systematic Theology 2, Wayne Grudem introduces the doctrines of Christ, the Holy Spirit, redemption, the church, and the future.
Historical Theology, taught Gregg Allison
In the Historical Theology course, Gregg Allison offers you the opportunity to study the historical development of theology by a topical-chronological arrangement, setting out the history one doctrine at a time. This approach allows students to concentrate on one tenet of Christianity and its formulation in the early church through the Middle Ages, Reformation, and post-Reformation era, and finally into the modern period.
Know the Creeds and Councils, taught Justin S. Holcomb
This course will introduce you to the church’s most important statements of faith over the centuries and explain why those statements still matter today. Each lesson explains a key statement of faith and its historical context, provides a simple overview of the statement’s content and key points, and reflects on its contemporary relevance. This course will help you understand the foundations of the Christian faith.
taught by Michael F. Bird
Evangelical Theology presents an overview of systematic theology in forty-five units from the unique perspective of a biblical scholar. By completing this course, you’ll gain: a clear overview of the importance of and central themes in the Gospel, such as Jesus, salvation, the Holy Spirit, the church, and the end times; a thorough understanding of the formation of modern evangelicalism and what evangelicals believe, as well as how and why they believe it; an accessible introduction to Christian theology built around the Gospel, with strategies for applying theology in today’s Christian life; and a better grasp of the variety of evangelical ecclesial traditions.
What Christians Ought to Believe,
taught by Michael F. Bird
The What Christians Ought to Believe course, featuring author and professor Michael Bird, introduces you to Christian doctrine via the Apostle’s Creed, delineating what Christians should believe about God, Jesus, the church, and the life to come.
Theology in the Context of World Christianity,
taught by Timothy C. Tennent
As Christianity dramatically shifts to the global South and East, its universal truths face new questions and are expressed in new ways. In this course, seminary president and missionary Timothy Tennent introduces majority world theological reflection. By completing this course, you’ll gain a thorough overview of what it means to face the truth that theology is a cross-cultural team game with global players; greater understanding of how Christianity theology centers are shifting and changing in the twenty-first century; and insight into how we can approach systematic theology in a cultural, relevant, and exciting context.
Save 40% During the Back to School Sale!
By enrolling in this track, you will get access to everything listed here for 40% off—but only through Monday, September 9, 2019 at 11:59pm ET. After that date, enrollment will close and you will no longer be able to sign up. Don’t miss out!
|Systematic Theology 1||$119.99|
|Systematic Theology 2||$119.99|
|Historical Theology ||$119.99|
|Know the Creeds and Councils||$119.99|
|What Christians Ought to Believe ||$119.99|
|Theology in the Context of World Christianity||$119.99|
|Total if purchased separately ||$|839.93
|Your price with this bundle||$499.99 (ends Sept. 9!)|
Sign up today!