The Grasping God's Word online course is an invaluable help to students who want to learn how to read, interpret, and apply the Bible for themselves. This course equips you with a five-step Interpretive Journey that will help you make sense of any passage in the Bible. It will also guide you through all the different genres found in the Bible to help you learn the specifics of how to best approach each one.
Filling the gap between approaches that are too simple and others that are too technical, professors Scott Duvall and Danny Hays start by equipping readers with general principles of interpretation, then move on to apply those principles to specific genres and contexts Lessons include hands-on exercises to guide learners through the interpretation process and an emphasis on real-life application.
This course is the ideal resource for anyone looking for a step-by-step guide that will teach them how to accurately and faithfully interpret the Bible.
By completing this course, you’ll gain
- Familiarity with foundational principles needed for understanding the Bible correctly
- Insight into issues of background context, its influence on interpretation, and how your own history impacts understanding
- Knowledge and tools to dig deeper into Scripture, interpret biblical texts, and rightly relate their meaning to life
- Practice applying interpretive principles to New and Old Testament writings
- Confidence in your growing knowledge through personalized review sessions, unit assessments, and award-winning memory building tools